$11.00 each includes Wisconsin sales tax and shipping in the United States. There is only one mask available in each color. If a mask's number is not available, the mask has been sold.
This Hanes brand non-medical-grade mask is soft, washable, reusable, and comfy. With three layers of coverage, the breathable, 100% cotton mask is designed for comfortable everyday wear and features Cool Comfort™ moisture-wicking fabric. The ear loops are constructed from soft cotton yarn with internal rubber banding for a comfy personalized fit, while the adjustable nosepiece and front panel pleats provide contoured facial coverage.
If you have a "pinhead" like I do, the ear loops are easily altered to make shorter with just a few stitches of white thread. This helps provide a good fit without gaps, even if you have a small face.
At OngaArt studio, I dye them with permanent alcohol inks after I've fixed the cotton with soda ash so the inks are not so inclined to bleed when the masks are washed. (But alcohol inks can be fickle, so no guarantees. Sorry.) I suggest hand-washing them in cool water separately from any other fabric item until you observe that no color-running is occurring. I have observed that reds and purples tend to color-run more.
The fine print
- Masks are not returnable due to health safety concerns.
- Not recommended for use in a surgical setting or where significant exposure to liquid, bodily or other hazardous fluids may be expected.
- Shall not be used in a clinical setting where the infection risk level through inhalation exposure is high.
- Shall not be used in the presence of a high intensity heat source or flammable gas.
- Fabric touching skin: 100% cotton.
- Machine wash cool or hand wash. Do not use fabric softener. Do not use bleach. Tumble dry medium or cool, or better yet, air dry. May take two days to air-dry.
- Hanes recommends that you dispose after 20 washes.
- This product has not been FDA cleared or approved.
- This product has been authorized by the FDA under an EUA for use by HCP as PPE to help prevent the spread of infection or illness in healthcare settings and by the general public to help slow the spread of the virus during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- According to Hanes, “This product is authorized only for the duration of the declaration that circumstances exist justifying the authorization of the emergency use of medical devices, including alternative products used as medical devices, during the COVID-19 outbreak, under section 564(b)(1) of the Act, 21 U.S.C. Section 360bbb-3(b)(1) unless the authorization is terminated or revoked sooner.”